Sunday, November 18, 2012

A letter from Lawrence

I was feeling a little uninspired, so I turned to the NaNoWriMo forums. There was one that made the suggestion to take a moment to have one (or more) characters write me a pep talk. This letter was born and honestly, it made me feel much better. I thought I'd share it. By the way, it had some fun little hints at what's going on in the book right now!

Dearest Sam,

It has come to my attention that you are having some issues with getting the words out. I thought I would try to be of some assistance. I know that sometimes that you feel what you are writing isn't good, that it won't hold up past your edits. I know that the writer's block keeps creeping closer and closer, but you have to go on. You can do it! Don't worry about if you think the words aren't good enough, they are still words nonetheless. I have faith in you. You got through the first part of my story this way, and I just know you will be able to do it again. I know you. Besides, we're at a pretty tough spot right now, and you're the only one who can help us. Victoria is about to have a spell put on her, Evey is still trapped, there's a fire, and my ankle is in some pain – although my ankle doesn't matter so much, I would rather you dealt with those other problems first. I can limp, it's no problem. But, please, Sam be strong. You are at 29,288 words! Think of what a great accomplishment that is! You are already past halfway there. You have plenty of time to catch up, I mean, you're really not that far behind. What are a couple thousand words to that chunk I just mentioned right there? You're doing fine. Don't sweat it and keep going. Oh, and by the way, if I could just ask one favor... would you mind letting me see the wishing star again? I miss it. It gave me something to look forward to. And, in a time like now, I could really use something to look forward to.

I am always here for you, all you need to do is write.

Sir Lawrence Habberdash

By the way, check out the new merchandise! Just follow the nifty gadget on the left side column of the home screen. I opened a little online store through zazzle.com, so now you can get Happenstance and Zone-E themed t-shirts, stickers, and other goodies! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment